The OeAD-GmbH is the Austrian agency for international mobility and cooperation in education, science and research. We provide advice for institutions, accompany international exchange and promote the higher education location Austria.
- Country of origin – All (except Austria)
- Area of study or research – Humanities, Historical Sciences, Linguistics and Literature Sciences
- Detailed type of grant – semester or one-year grant, research grant
- Target Group – postgraduates, PhD holders, researchers
Authority awarding grant- ÖAD/ACM on behalf of and funded by the Federal Ministry of Science and Research (BMWF)
Duration – 4 to 9 months
Quota- 7 new awards per academic year! In case of successful research activities the scholarship can, on request, be renewed (total duration 18 months).
Grant benefit paid
- Monthly grant
- grant: € 1040.-
- book allowance: € 93.-
- Accident and health insurance, accommodation
- If necessary, the ÖAD will take out an accident and health insurance on behalf of the grant recipient.
- Accommodation (student hall of residence or flat) will be provided by the ÖAD for recipients of grants. Monthly costs: € 200.- to € 350.- (depending on how much comfort the recipients of grants want). An administration fee of € 15.- per month is payable to the ÖAD for arranging accommodation.
- The costs for insurance and accommodation have to be paid out of the grant by the recipient of the grant.
- Recipients of grants are exempted from paying tuition fees.
Closing date for applications – 01 March 2010
Information about How to apply
Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research (OeAD-GmbH)
Academic Cooperation and Mobility Unit – ACM
A – 1090 Vienna| Alser Straße 4/1/15/7 | Tel. +43 1 4277-28183 | Fax: +43 1 4277-28194