[Singapore] PhD Positions in the area of Medical Engineering Read – Nanyang Technological University
Application Deadline : September 1, 2011
I’m recruiting outstanding and motivated PhD students and postdoctoral researchers to conduct research at the interface of biology and electrical engineering.
- Modeling of epileptic seizures (from abstract network models to detailed biophysical models),
- Neural implants for seizure suppression (from control/game theoretic analysis to hardware design),
- Diagnosis of brain disorders from EEG and other brain signals (Alzheimer’s disease and epilepsy),
- Graphical models and nonparametric statistical models for analyzing electrophysiological data (e.g., spike sorting and decoding),
- Principled statistical models for merging different brain imaging modalities (EEG/MEG/fMRI/DTI/single-unit recordings/…),
- Compression of brain signals, with application to brain-computer interfaces and monitoring of epileptic patients (from information theoretic analysis to practical algorithms)
Besides the above positions, I’m also recruiting students and postdocs for projects within theSingapore-MIT Alliance for Research & Technology (SMART), to be supervised by myself and MIT faculty.
In those projects we apply mathematical engineering to problems in bioengineering andbiochemistry, for example:
- Bayesian multiscale modeling of cell physiology,
- stochastic modeling and control engineering in the context of tissue generation.